In Mississippi, certain felony convictions are expungable. Here at Gibson & Mullennix we are happy to assist with any questions about felony expungements.
According to Mississippi Code 99-19-71 the following felonies may be expunged by the Circuit Court:
- Larceny under Section 97-17-41;
- possession of a controlled substance or paraphernalia under Section 41-29-139(c)(d);
- a bad check offense under Section 97-19-55;
- false pretense under Section 97-19-39
- malicious mischief under Section 97-17-67; or
- felony shoplifting under Section 97-23-93.
However, there are certain stipulations that come with the expungements. The most important being that the person have finished his sentence and five (5) years time has elapsed. This means that you have completed your probation, fine payments, as well as jail time before the five year period starts. Once this time frame is met, then you have a path to expungement.
Contact us today about help with Felony Expungements.